Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Melbourne

This past weekend, Tom and I flew down to Melbourne for Tom's (and my!) uncle's 60th birthday party. It was a bit of a whirlwind trip, but we made the most of it! We found this little French cafe that served the best gallettes ever, especially washed down with a dark, smokey, chocolaty coffee. Melbourne is such a visually stimulating city and the public transport is admirably clean, punctual and easy-to-use. Tom and I were half wondering if we should head back to Sydney by the end of the visit. I guess we should visit in winter to see how we feel then.
The party itself was nice because I got to meet quite a few members of Tom's dad's side of the family that weren't able to make it to our Blue Mountains wedding in October. Everybody was lovely and I felt really lucky to have gained such a great group of folks as family.
Christmas is looming closer and closer, and slowly but surely we are getting ready! We finally got our Christmas tree up today (and by we I mean Tom did it all), and what's more, my family from back home have sent me presents, so we are already looking very festive! It's hard to be so far away from everybody back home, and some of these Australian traditions are a bit strange still. At the same time, a summery Christmas has its perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment