Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowflakes

Here in my corner of Virginia we received about 20-24 inches of snow. In my house, we've spent most of our time reading, digging out, and drying our socks. We didn't have power for the first half of the day on Saturday, and I'm so glad it wasn't much longer. We have propane heating and a gas stove, but our water pump is electric. One doesn't really appreciate running water until it's been cut off, even if only for a few hours. I sound like such a wimp, but it's true.

At Dulles airport, limited commercial and international flights were going through during the storm, and some traffic was going through today. My airline gave travelers leaving on the dates Feb 3-9 the option to change their flight date for free. I wonder if they'll extend those dates further when the next snowstorm hits us on Tuesday. I've heard predictions for 6 or more inches of snow. I really, really hope I can leave on time... and that I don't get stuck anywhere en route.

No comments:

Post a Comment