Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fueling

Oh my goodness, it seems like time has flown by- here I am, approximately 1 week before departure!

Everything came together pretty miraculously about a week or two ago- I got my visa shortly after my medical forms (finally) were completed. Basically all the things that were out of my control came through, which is immensely relieving. Now I just have to hope there isn't a blizzard that keeps my plane from leaving, and then I'll be good to go.

I had my last day at the bookstore today! It was kind of sad, but also a good feeling. I think working in retail is something everyone should do at least once. Maybe people would be more pleasant to each other if they had walked that road before. Or maybe people would remember the crummy parts and insist on spreading their misery? I don't know. I suppose that's a question sort of like the half-full/half-empty glass.

It's been pretty miserable weather lately. We got something like 6 inches of snow on Saturday, and now we're expecting 3-6 more. By the weekend, another storm will hit and take a big, white dump on us for 2-3 days. I'm not excited. I was over snow about 13 months ago. I hate to be a Scrooge about winter, and I do think that snow has a redeeming purity and prettiness, but mostly I just hate being wet, cold, and stuck inside. I also don't like the retarded drivers! It's a little bit terrifying to be behind the wheel and watch people spinning through intersections, fishtailing off the road, and treating their minivans like unimogs. No thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment