Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week 1

The first week of classes has whooshed by and I have so far managed to be somewhat on top of things. YES!

I'll spare you a shake-down on my classes, but rest assured there's loads of readings. One of the shockers is how much more independent this level of study is than undergrad- in one way it's nice because I don't have to do piles of work on things I already understand, but on the flipside I spend a lot of time explaining things I don't instantly grasp to myself. There are also many, many more things that fall into the WTF category.

In addition to that, the classes I'm in are, with the exception of one, completely new territory. The class that is familiar is now being framed in terms of issues and perspectives I've never really thought twice about, so that's a bit of a mind-warp as well. I don't think I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I definitely have my work cut out for me.

Logistics are smoothing themselves out as well, and I've even learned which coffee shops are crap and which sushi stands are best left untouched. I even found a place that sells 山菜おにぎりー やった! (mountain vegetable rice balls- hooray!) Ah, the power of food... some things will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment